At our last Dr. appointments OHH was not on the chart for height. She is short. I'm short (5'2") and husband is about (5'9") so I guess it's not really a surprise. But shouldn't she at least be on the chart? The Dr didn't seem concerned, just said to see how she is at 1 year.
I just measured her, and she is 24" tall at almost 7 1/2 months old. Still below the bottom of the chart.
I know there is nothing I can do to change this, but I can't find any information about if this is common or not. What could be causes of it? Should I be concerned or no?
Time for some more googling I guess.
Oh, and little Ohh (hmm, that sounded funny) gave us quite the scare yesterday.
So if you recall she is a spitter upper. This I am used to. But this time she did a projectile vomit, and was gagging, like she was choking. Scared the crap out of me. No crying, just gagging. We turned her upside down, and hit her back in case she was choking on anything, but she didn't seem to be. When I turned her back over she puked again, and was as white as a ghost. I was so very close to calling 911, but then just as quickly as it started it ended. She was still quite pale though for some time. I called the Dr's office right away and talked to the nurse. We were told this...
- Going pale is normal from projectile vomiting, and is due to low blood pressure...not too worry.(yeah right!)
- I was to watch for any signs of fever and dehydration if it continued. If it continued that night I was to call Telehealth (Note - I put this number into my cellphone, along with poison control and Dr's office, so that I will have it if needed when I'm not at home) and find out if I needed to take her to emerg.
- She thought it could either be a one time thing, or she could have gotten a flu bug.
Well, phew it was a one time thing....but I find myself today being PARANOID! Every time she coughs (like when drinking her bottle) - I think she's having another episode. But luckily not.
Fingers crossed that it won't happen again. I think my heart might finally be slowing down.

No comments:
Post a Comment