This is just one of the many documents I have found while doing my genealogy. You can click on it to see it more closely.


This is the marriage certificate of my paternal great grand parents. Florence Elizabeth (Elin) Aldous and George Austin Rowe. They were married on June 18 1914.
I am finding marriage certificates to be giving me a wealth of information. You can find out a lot of facts from them.
This is what you can learn just from this one. By using other documents like census and death records, you can find out even more!
George A. Rowe -
- Born about 1887, in Chippawa Ontario
- Currently living in Chippawa
- He is an Iron worker
- His religion is Church of England
- His parents Are Delos Rowe and Susan Tice
Born about 1892 Chippawa Ontario
- Currently living in Chippawa
- She is Baptist
- Her parents are William Aldous and Jane Humphries
The witnesses to the wedding are D.O Aldous and [Eric Stienman] (the brackets are there because I can't quite read that name), both of Chippawa.
The person who performed the ceremony was W.E.B. McKenzie in Chippawa.
Anyone else find this kind of thing as interesting as I do? I love uncovering new things.
Here is a picture of my Great Grandmother Florence. It is at her 80's birthday. She died in 1979 at 87.


No comments:
Post a Comment