Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some people!!

I know this blog is turning more into a venting blog...but honestly I feel better after I vent so bare with me.

Today when I went to pick up my hubby from our mutual workplace I went in for a short visit.
Everyone was commenting on how blonde her hair is. I don't see it. I think its turning a lighter brown, but not blonde...whatever, its not a big thing.
That is until 2 people start to make comments like, "how can she have blonde hair...your DH has dark hair, and so do you...hmm, interesting"

WTF?? Maybe you need too know these people and their passive aggressive ways, but they were definetly implying, that she wasn't my DH's child! They know we used IVF to conceive her, and in the past I've heard them talk badly of someone else that used fertility treatments. I never would have discussed the particulars with them though. (they are nosy and like to dis people behind their backs). I found myself getting defensive, which I am sure made it seem like they were on the right track. I am sure the rumours at work must be that she isn't his.

I'm not sure why this bugs me so much. We know that she is his, and that is all that should matter. Maybe it's because we almost had to use donor sperm. We even had to go through the process of talking to a counsellor to make sure we were really ok with it. We even had it ordered, and ready to use the day of the retrieval. We were very fortunate though that the sperm frozen from his surgery survived the thaw, and we didn't have to use plan B.

DH says to just ignore them. They have been getting in everyone's business lately. He said if he (yes, one of the busy bodies is a him!) makes any remarks to him tomorrow, he is going to tell him off. (GO DH!)

This really makes me not want to go back to work even more. I don't mind he work, it's the stupid politics in this place that drive me crazy.

ahhhh.....ok, better now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment