Today was my appointment with the nutritionist.
Nothing earth shattering...all things I know, but it was good for someone to tell me, and to be accountable with. She was really good with making sure to set realistic goals. Nothing to extreme to start, or I would feel "demotivated" if I couldn't follow through.
So - 5 goals we set, and discussed some ideas on what to eat to help stay fuller.
1. Eat more vegges and fruit. (recommend 7-8 servings a day, currently eating only 1-2, so goal is to up to about 4-5 servings to start)
2. Try hummas to have with vegatbles and I will try cottage cheese to see if I like it. (would be good to have with fruit)
3. Decrease grains. (my major weakness)
4. Increase intake of water.
5. Increase exercise. Get out for at 3 walks a week - 1/2 hour - 60 minutes each.
SO it's very doable...I just have to do it. So off too the grocery store tonight...thinking about our discussion today.
Oh, and I got a little peak at my blood work, that will be discussed in more detail at the appointment I have in April with the OB. Cholesterol was fine. Good cholestorol was a little low though. Vitamin B12 is slightly decreased (hardly at all though), glucose was fine. So nothing major there...we'll see how my hormones turned out.
Yeah to hopefully starting off a healthier lifestyle?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment