I can't believe that in just over a week, at 7:35 pm, it has been a year since my daughter entered this world! I can still picture that moment when they showed her to me. It still brings tears to my eyes!
The journey...
I never thought I would be a mom. In fact I never thought I wanted children when I was younger. But after meeting my husband and helping to take care of step children I knew that I desperately wanted a child of our own.
After a failed vasectomy reversal in 2007, ultrasounds, bloodwork, hsg test, a bunch of money, and whole heck of a lot of waiting we were blessed to get pregnant with our first IVF attempt in Sept 2008.
In June 2010, via an emergency c-sxn she entered my life. I have never felt so much love as I do with her.
It is impossible to summarize the last 12 months, but if I had to, this is what I would have to say about my life with her and adapting to motherhood. (the good, and the hard parts)
- Tiring
- Stressful
- amazing
- thrilling
- life changing
- Challenging
- confusing
- Loving
- exciting
As I did for several of her "monthly" birthdays, this is what I know about her right now...
- She is still such a happy baby
- She is a busy busy girl
- She is stubborn, just like mom and dad
- Little Miss Independent
- She has taken a couple steps, and I am sure she will walk anytime now.
- She (or more like I) has survived a few minor illnesses
- Her nickname is now Hover, because she finds every spec of anything on the ground
- She is the fastest crawler around
- She loves water
- She is cute!
- Her favourite book is the peekaboo baby animals book. (she says dog and duck...although only hubby and I can tell it at this point in time :) )
- She loves to look at people
Here is a collage that shows how much she has changed over the year....amazing!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE GIRL!!

Love the blog, love the pictures :)
ReplyDelete-Mollygirl
Soooo Cute! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteD
Happy First Birthday to your little princess!
ReplyDelete~ SMC
I LOVE the 12 month picture frame! She is so sweet, truly a gift :)
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!!
ReplyDelete