Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mixed emotions

Today is a day of mixed emotions. It is late Saturday night, nearly Sunday, the day before I go back to work after having been off for more then a year. One small part of me is happy to be getting back to work, to be able to use my career minded brain again. But most of me, is sad, worried, scared and nervous.

Sad because I will be missing so much time spent with ohhh. I am going to miss her smile, her laugh her claps, even her mischievous ways that make me say No many times a day. :) All the things that maker her, her.
Worried because I can't control what happens to her at daycare. I won't be there to catch her if she is about to fall, or is upset and needs her mommy.
Scared of her forgetting who I am, and her wanting to stay there instead of coming home because of all the toys and kids to play with.
Nervous/ anxious about going back to work. The politics in my job suck, and I don't want to get sucked into all that again. I'm also realizing that I don't want to do this job forever anymore. I have been thinking of a career change but I can't possibly find an entry level job making the money I am, so I will need to stick this out for several more years at least.


So too make me feel better, I am going to list the positives of going back to work and having little ohh in daycare.

I will be getting a regular paycheck again!
I should be all refreshed and go into my job with new found energy.
It will be good to relearn all of my skills (even if I feel like I'll be starting over from scratch)
It will be nice to have some more adult conversation.
It will be good to be feeling more productive then I have lately.
Ohh will like playing with other kids
Playing with kids 5 days a week will help her out socially
Daycare should help her prepare better for school
Going back to work, and having a child will be keeping me busy and organized
Being busy will help to keep us on our VERY tight budget


ahhh...better already.

1 comment:

  1. such a good idea- to list the positives.
    hang in there. the first week will be an adjustment and I know you will miss your lil' miss so much...but I think you are right- she's gonna love playing with the others.

    ReplyDelete