Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snuggly weekend mornings

Weekend mornings are now my favourite time of the week. Not because I get to sleep in to an insane time, cause I don't - those days are long gone. But because of the snuggles I get, and the sounds I get to listen too.

We bring our little Ohh into our bed when she wakes up (sometimes 5 or 6, but today was not until 7:30!). We put her inbetween us, laying in her boppy pillow. You'd think after going almost 13 hours with no food, and a having pretty wet diaper she'd be screaming in protest, but no, this seems to be her happiest time of day.

She looks back and forth between the 2 of us, smiling away, making her cooing noises. She particularly likes to grab Dada's hair while he tries to get a few more minutes of sleep. At this time of the morning, we aren't likely to go back to sleep, but it sure is nice to be able to give ourselves a bit more time to wake up, and just enjoy the 3 of us laying in bed. These really are the best moments!
We know she's ready to for us to get up when she rolls over, and is up on her knees an grabbing at our faces...still smiling away! I wonder if these moments will change once she gets crawling around....I hope not.


Ahhh, I wish everyday could be like this!

1 comment:

  1. awww how sweet! those are going to be the memories that you look back on someday.

    ReplyDelete