Feeding solids is going pretty good now. She is really a good eater I think, compared to some stories I have heard from other moms. It really is quite funny sometimes. All she wants to do is feed herself by grabbing the spoon, but I know if I let her, she will either shove the spoon down her throat or all the food will be in in her hair or mine! :)
I think I still need to tweak the scheduling as we've had a slight change in her eating habits while she was sick with a cold. It seems she was wanting to eat less then, but now I think she's back up to her old ways since she's protesting if I don't put enough in the bottle. And she has also been waking up once during the night wanting too eat. It's kind rough doing that again when we've been spoiled for a little while now. But I am telling myself it is short lived...she must be off because she was sick.
She also seems to have pushed back her sleep time. We were able to get her to bed around 7, no later then 8. But now it seems to be happening around 9 or 10. Earlier works better for Dada and I, so we're hoping to get it earlier again soon!
So... The foods we've tried so far:
- Rice cereal - she gets this every afternoon. She's been up and down on how much she eats, but I think that has partly to do with her being sick, and also because I'm not quite sure the best time to feed it yet. Before a bottle? after a bottle? between bottles?
- Veggies...all homemade...and she eats them just fine! (Sweet potato, peas, beans, carrots)
Squash
then onto Fruits (Bananas, avacado,apples,pears)
This is her current feeding schedule (on a good day!)
7:30 - veggies and bottle
10:00 bottle
12:30 bottle
3:30 bottle
5:00 cereal
6:30 bottle
So we'll see what the next few weeks bring, especially with going away for the holidays. It should be interesting!

No comments:
Post a Comment