I feel much better now with my plan for starting solids. I had another friend go through with me what she did for her kids. She even wrote down for me what a typical day was like at 6 months of age.
So this is my plan as of right now.
Today:
Start feeding cereal twice a day (once at 7am ish feeding, once at 4pm ish feeding - still feed 6 1/2 oz bottle.)
I may need to decrease the amount in the bottles if I start feeding more cereal, but I will play that by ear.
Sunday:
Start Oat cereal.
Stay on oat for 1 week, unless there is a reaction.
Next Sunday:
Start on wheat cereal
Stay on wheat for 1 week
The next week:
I will look into if there are any other cereals I should try...but if not will start veggies.
Will feed veggies in am, keep cereal in PM (will give me time to see if she has a reaction to new food) Will try each new food for 4 days to 1 week.
Will start with sweet potato, then carrots, peas, green beans. ( these are the foods I already have made)
During this time I will get a sense if she likes the homemade stuff, and how she reacts to new foods, and will then reevaluate which other foods to continue with.
When I am ready to start proteins, I will likely start with chick peas at it may be easier to digest then meat. I will not rush starting the meat, as I was previously planning.
I figure she will be almost 5 1/2 months by the time I start the real food, so that is good timing in my mind.
So in summary once we start real food, this will be what the day will look like.
7am ish New food, and bottle
10 ish bottle
1 ish bottle
4 ish cereal and bottle
7 ish bottle
I feel so much better now with a solid plan. I will still need to take it as it comes, but at least I understand the process a better.
Now my next worry...what if
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment