Can I just say I am loving the site Ancestry.ca!
I was into genealogy many years ago, and have just gotten back into it. I am loving researching and finding all this information about my ancestors. Seeing their names on old census's or birth records is fun. It's like solving some type of mystery and following the clues you find with each new document. I should have been a detective! :)
So far I have being using the the internet for my research, and I can't believe what I have found so far. I am sure that if I go to the local library I will find even more since I have found out that part of my family was actually from this area. Very strange since I didn't grow up here, and just moved here about 5 years ago.
Last spring I dragged my husband to a cemetery in a city we were visiting and I took pictures of relatives graves. Once this spring hits I plan on taking him and Alexis on some cemetery runs so I can find out more information.
Do you think it would be too creepy to take a then 9-10 month old to a cemetery? Maybe she's too young. hmm, I'll have to think about that. It might be a solo event.
So if anyone wants something looked up on the site about your family let me know, and I will see what I can find for you!
Back to some searching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think cemeteries are beautiful and there would be nothing wrong or odd to take a 9-10 month old along for the ride. It would be a nice opportunity to introduce her to the neat parts of cemeteries as opposed to the creepy ones that people generally think of.
ReplyDeleteD
PS... as for that question a while back regarding getting your picture attached when a "follower" of a blog... I'm pretty sure it's an option you select when you make the choice to follow. the window that pops up has a spot where you can click to add a phot.