
I have given a blog award by one of my new mommy friends. Basically I was tagged and need to list 10 things that make me happy. You should check out her blog here at birds on wire. I love seeing her wonderful photographes and artwork. Her blogs are always inspiring me to be more crafty, and to also to observe and enjoy the simple things in life.
This is perfect timing for me. In the dead of winter things can get very gloomy so it's a great time to remind myself of all the things in my life that I have that make me happy!
Little Ohh
She is obviously the thing that makes me the most happy. I can't imagine my life without her now. Her smiles and laughs are so contagious. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?! :)
My husband.
It took me a long time to find him, but boy am I glad I did. He is the only person I feel like I can totally be myself around. He is an amazing man! I can't imagine having a better caring loving husband as him. (ok so remind me of this when I'm in the mist of PMSing...but it really is true!)


My mom
She is amazing. She raised me (pretty well I have to say) after my dad died when I was just a baby. Now being a mom, I can't even imagine what a traumatic time that was for her. But she made it through, and although we had some rough years when I was a teen, she really is my best friend now. My mom can cheer me up, no matter what is going on.
Step kids
As they are getting older, I feel like I am getting closer to them, especially the girl. They have taught me a lot about child rearing and the patience needed. My only regret is that they were my guinea pigs. Sorry K and M! I still love you!
Family
Family seems even more important to me, now that I have my own daughter. I don't have any family in the city that I live, and I am really bad at making phone calls and visiting, but they are always in my mind and in my thoughts. I really do love visiting them, and need to do it more.
Genealogy
I guess this kind of goes along with family, but I think more so this quenches my need for investigative work. It is something I recently have gotten back into, but that I hope to continue and hope to increase my knowledge of. Here is just one of many pictures/documents I have been uncovering.

Home
By nature, because we are both rather shy, my husband and I are homebodies. We are both happy to just be spending time in our home together.
Mommy Friends
This might seem to contradict the above comments about being a homebody, but I have found this great group of ladies with whom I just love getting together with. It great for our babies, but right now, more so for the mommies. Knowing that there is a network of super nice women available to talk to has been really helpful. It makes me happy just to think of these babies growing up together, it's like they are all little cousins!
Animals
I don't do this now because I'm not working. But ever since I started Vet Tech school in 97, and my subsequent jobs in a vet clinic and a research setting, I have been taking care of sick animals. I like the idea that I have played a part of making an animal get well, or even simply helped to make an ill animal feel more comfortable through my nursing skills. Although I really do not want to go back to work, that part of my job is very rewarding, and it makes me happy to see a happy animal.
Computers
I know I'm a nerd, but my computer makes me happy. I'm not sure that it's the actual machine, or the tasks that I can perform on them. As mentioned earlier I like to investigate things. So
mr google has been my favourite tool. Sometimes I think I am addicted, but it does make me happy ;)
So now, I would like to award the following people with this award. Just copy, and paste the Happy 101 picture and post it on your blog. And start to think about makes you happy!
HapEllyEverafter
Motherhood

Awwwww- super sweet post! I especially like the part about your mother- nothing like having your own child to make you appreciate your own mama.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm thankful for having met you(and the others too). I honestly don't know what I would've doen if I hadn't met you guys.