What is it that I need to figure out exactly.
I have been putting off dealing with any personal health issues over the course of the last 2 years due to trying to have a baby, and then being pregnant and having one. But now I think I need to focus on me a bit.
I am trying to get myself sorted out before I go back to work.
So I'm having some pretty extensive dental work/surgery done sometime in the next few months. Not something I am looking forward too, but something I need to do. (thanks goodness for insurance!) Basically it's due to bad home care, and years of not flossing. Bad Bad me! So they'll end up cutting my gums and reattaching them. 4 hours of surgery, and needles in my mouth, and a liquid diet for a few days after, and some tylenol threes. Oh Joy...I can hardly wait!
I am trying to lose weight, and exercise more. Yuck! I am getting better at not eating junk, and trying to walk more...but still need to work on this.
So now I've made a Dr's appointment to talk about some things. But what exactly do I need to talk to him about. I really have the feeling that I'm not going to get anything that will help me out, so is there any point really?
1. Going to ask for a referral to a nutritionist. Maybe she will have some advice for a good diet when you have PCOS, and you are afraid of getting diabetes. (Mom was just diagnosed) I bet they will just say to follow the Canadian food guide.
2. Going to ask if I need any treatment for my PCOS. I think the only tx he would offer is going on the pill, and I don't think that is a good idea. I get so emotional on that.
3. Going to ask if there is anything I can do for my stupid PMS. I really need to get it under control. PMS is driving me crazy. I'll have to write a whole blog on it! Am I the only one who hates the 2 weeks after ovulation?
Again, I think the pill (specifically YAZ) will be suggested, but again, I've tried that, and it was awful. I've also tried antidepressents, and well, I don't want to be all spacy, and that just made my libido crash!
4. Which brings me to a decreased libido. Yes I admit it, my libido sucks. It has for a long time. But I really want to get it fixed. But not sure that there is any magic pill out there. I think its because of my PCOS??
So other then #1, I'm not sure if there is any real point to asking about the other 3. And talking to someone about low libido, especially my male Dr, feels kinda strange for me. But I think I should. Hmm, I keep changing my mind, even as I type this.
Got some thinkin to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it's always a good idea to stay on top of our health. We are so quick to take care of everyone else and often forget to tak care of ourselves.
ReplyDeleteAnd...I have awarded you with a happy blog award cause your blog makes me happy! Its like a tag idea, check out my blog to see how it works. Hope you'll join in.
http://johanna-birdsonawire.blogspot.com/
xoxo